Front End Software Engineer
About Cobalt Iron
Cobalt Iron is the global leader in SaaS-based enterprise data protection. The company was founded in 2013 to fundamentally change the way the world thinks about data protection. Through analytics and automation, Cobalt Iron enables enterprises to transform and optimize legacy backup solutions into a simple cloud-based architecture. By leveraging the cloud, Cobalt Iron reduces overall CapEx by more than 50% while eliminating backup failures and inefficiencies. Processing more than seven million jobs a month for customers in 44 countries, Cobalt Iron delivers modern enterprise data protection for enterprise customers.
Who We Are Looking For
We are seeking a front end software engineer to design and implement new user-facing features in Cobalt Iron’s products. The front end software engineer will to contribute to the design and development of a SaaS application, delivering backup, archive, and recovery with world-class analytics driven automation. This position will work closely with product management, design and engineering. A successful candidate will be comfortable working in an agile environment and be passionate regarding the engineering best practices required of such processes including unit testing, incremental and iterative development.
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week, on-site position.
- Follow processes and timelines
- Quickly become a product expert on the inner and outer workings of our enterprise data protection software and associated tools
- Analyze, escalate, educate and/or resolve client issues quickly
- Document solutions in our knowledge base repository
- Assist with special projects and scheduled maintenance work as needed
- Perform other advanced development duties as needed
- BS degree in computer science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of UI development experience
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and AJAX
- Experience with JS utility libraries: Lodash, moment, jQuery, Bootstrap, Underscore
- Experience with Git and Maven
- Experience interfacing with Java back-end environment
- Experience working in agile environment
- Strong quality focus, including success with design reviews, code reviews, unit testing, etc.
Greater Kansas City / Lawrence, Kansas