About Cobalt Iron
Cobalt Iron is the global leader in SaaS-based enterprise data protection. The company was founded in 2013 to fundamentally change the way the world thinks about data protection. Through analytics and automation, Cobalt Iron enables enterprises to transform and optimize legacy backup solutions into a simple cloud-based architecture. By leveraging the cloud, Cobalt Iron reduces overall CapEx by more than 50% while eliminating backup failures and inefficiencies. Processing more than seven million jobs a month for customers in 44 countries, Cobalt Iron delivers modern enterprise data protection for enterprise customers.
Who We Are Looking For
We are seeking a systems engineer with a solid understanding of enterprise infrastructure technologies including networking, Linux, Microsoft, and storage systems, combined with clear technical expertise in operations and/or architecture of virtual environments. Will be involved in all aspects of ongoing systems development and production landscapes worldwide. Activities will include a full range of activities from new product design to complex integration and deployment to production state management. Uniquely, this position will have access to the code to fix problems and enhance the product stack to drive Cobalt Iron’s products. We need our engineers to be versatile, provide leadership, and be excited to tackle new problems across the full stack as we push products and industry forward.
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week, on-site position. Periodic on-call duties required.
- Design, build, and deliver systems to improve the product features, availability, scalability, performance, and simplicity of Cobalt Iron products
- Solve problems relating to mission-critical services from build automation to production state
- Key focus and goal of automating response to all non-exceptional events
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards and methods for large-scale distributed systems
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning
- Conduct periodic on-call duties
- BS degree in computer science (or similar) or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of systems engineering experience on Red Hat Linux, AIX, and Windows operating systems
- 4+ years of experience in production support, including problem identification, root-cause analysis, ticket documentation, customer and vendor relations
- Strong knowledge of backup and recovery based on enterprise-class products such as Spectrum Protect, TSM, Networker, NetBackup, BackupExec, or Commvault
- Experience and knowledge of automation tools like Chef, Puppet, and Ansible
- Strong experience with databases including DB2 and Oracle
- Advance knowledge of server virtualization technology in VMware and cloud infrastructure
- Exceptionally strong experience with Linux/Unix scripting in bash and Python
- Proven track record of deployment automation using bash, Python, and Linux technologies
- Strong Linux (RHEL) and system administration and networking skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills and experience integrating multiple software applications
- Candidate must have the foundation to quickly identify gaps in the software deployment process
Greater Kansas City / Lawrence, Kansas