Exciting growing company who has just landed a major strategic investment in the expanding data backup, recovery and security space and managed by a very experienced team. See LinkedIn.
Controller is responsible for all day-to-day financial and fiscal management aspects of company’s financial operations including the administrative, business planning, accounting, compliance, process improvement, AP, AR, financial reporting and budgeting efforts of the company. The Controller will prepare and distribute financial statements for internal and external reporting requirements including managing relationships with bankers, auditors and investors, ensure that all statements and documents comply with the company’s regulations and professional accounting standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the management of the General Ledger and coordination of all internal and external financial reporting.
- Manage the company policies and procedures, GAAP, and IFRS compliance.
- Each month-end meet with department heads to discuss budget vs. actual variances.
- Act as Finance Business Partner to selected departments. Reports key SaaS and business ratios and ways for improvement.
- Active Cash Management including AP, AR, Debt, International matters, Cost Management and Treasury in accordance with financial plan and policies.
- Manages Tax functions including Federal, State and; International income tax, sales/use/property/withholding tax compliance in conjunction with outside tax providers.
- Remain current on technical accounting literature to identify/assess possible changes to the company’s Accounting policy and practices.
- Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors and the preparation of the quarterly financial statements is in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Manage the Company’s FP&A process including the annual budgeting cycle and updates. Manage analysis of strategic company options, scenario planning and M&A targeting.
- Participate in process enhancements and documentations.
- Works with Operations and Sales departments on customer set up, delivery, billing and on deal structure, price list and profitability.
- Comfortable with all aspects of the Finance and Accounting function: all the way from AP/AR, Treasury to Financial Statements, Budgeting and getting involved in the Operational side of the business.
- Knowledge of Quote to cash process a plus.
- Proficiency with GAAP regulations including software revenue recognition and leasing.
- Good written/verbal communication.
- Good interpersonal and people skills.
- Good team player.
- Ability to work in fast paced/many hats environment.
- Self-starter (CFO is not a micro-manager).
Education and/or Experience
- BA/MBA in Accounting and/or Finance.
- CPA ideal but not required.
- At least 8 years of experience although 15 years is ideal.
- Ideal candidate with have at least 2 years with a Big 4 or national accounting firm.
- Some private industry experience with SaaS/Software high-growth start-up company is a plus.
- Experience with QuickBooks, and HubSpot CRM system will be useful.
- Tech background preferred but not required.
- Reports to experienced CFO who is willing to provide mentoring and is committed to professional growth of the person.
- Quarterly informal interactive review/feedback process (no boring “old-school” written annual reviews).
- Curious individual who has a passion for building a fast-growing company where there is no status quo.
- Very competitive compensation commensurate with experience (includes quarterly MBO incentive plan, stock options, 401k plan, full benefits for employee and dependents and an unlimited vacation policy).
- Spot Bonus Program.
- Culture is “family first” and being a good corporate citizen willing to take and give respectful feedback in an egoless environment (politics is abhorred!).