About Cobalt Iron
Cobalt Iron is the global leader in SaaS-based enterprise data protection. The company was founded in 2013 to fundamentally change the way the world thinks about data protection. Through analytics and automation, Cobalt Iron enables enterprises to transform and optimize legacy backup solutions into a simple cloud-based architecture. By leveraging the cloud, Cobalt Iron reduces overall capex by more than 50 percent while eliminating backup failures and inefficiencies. Processing more than 7 million jobs a month for customers in 44 countries, Cobalt Iron delivers modern enterprise data protection for enterprise customers.
Who We Are Looking For
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer with a solid understanding of enterprise infrastructure technologies including networking, Linux, Microsoft, and storage systems combined with clear technical expertise in operations and/or architecture of virtual environments. The DevOps Engineer will be involved in all aspects of ongoing systems development and production landscapes world-wide. This position will be focused on controlling, automating, and accelerating our agile SDLC to enhance the product stack and drive Cobalt Iron’s products. We need our engineers to provide leadership, be versatile, and be excited to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we push the products and industry forward.
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week, remote (US based) position. Up to 10% travel to company HQ.
- Design, build, and deliver systems to improve the product features, availability, scalability, performance, and simplicity of Cobalt Iron products
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services from build automation to production state
- Key focus and goal of automating response to all non-exceptional events
- Work with the engineering team to develop automation for CI/CD throughout the SDLC
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis, and system tuning
- Manage and maintain cloud infrastructure
- Establish and improve infrastructure monitoring services and incident management processes
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale distributed systems
- B.S. in computer science (or similar) or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Systems Engineering experience on Red Hat Linux, AIX, and Windows operating systems
- 4+ years of experience of DevOps experience
- 4+ years of experience in production support, including problem identification, root cause analysis, ticket documentation, customer, and vendor relations
- Experience and knowledge of automation tools like Ansible, Chef, and Puppet
- Experience and knowledge of systems and software monitoring tools and techniques
- Strong experience with databases including DB2, MSSQL, Oracle, SAP HANA, and MongoDB
- Strong experience with TCPIP networking design, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Advance knowledge of server virtualization technology in VMware and Cloud infrastructure
- Proven track record of deployment automation using bash, Python, and Linux technologies
- Log analysis and security analysis experience
- Strong Linux (RHEL) and system administration and networking skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills and experience integrating multiple software applications.
- Candidate must have the foundation to quickly identify gaps in the software deployment process
Remote (US Based)
Greater Kansas City / Lawrence, Kansas (Preferred)