About Cobalt Iron
Cobalt Iron is the global leader in SaaS-based enterprise data protection. The company was founded in 2013 to fundamentally change the way the world thinks about data protection. Through analytics and automation, Cobalt Iron enables enterprises to transform and optimize legacy backup solutions into a simple cloud-based architecture. By leveraging the cloud, Cobalt Iron reduces overall CapEx by more than 50% while eliminating backup failures and inefficiencies. Processing more than seven million jobs a month for customers in 44 countries, Cobalt Iron delivers modern enterprise data protection for enterprise customers.
Who We Are Looking For
Cobalt Iron is looking for a software engineer who is dedicated to their craft and can hit the ground running. You will be joining a forward-thinking, creative team that is responsible for innovating and building applications that serve our customers at massive scale. You will be involved in all aspects of ongoing software development including initial specification, prototyping, development, testing, launch, and production. We need our engineers to be versatile, provide leadership, and be excited to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we push the products.
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week, on-site position.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software
- Manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Support team, customer, and partner product needs
- Write clean, well-designed code in a timely manner that can be measured
- Test driven development of responsive modern applications
- Plan, prototype and implement new applications and features using Python and other tools
- Review, test and improve existing web application design, integrate with third party web service APIs
- Follow sound software development methodologies for coding, code reviews, unit/integration/regression testing and source code control
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent
- 5+ years hands-on development experience using Python for building highly reliable and fault-tolerant infrastructure applications
- Solid Linux/Unix background
- Software development experience in multiple general purpose programming languages
- Experience working with web application development, Unix/Linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Extended knowledge of API design (JSON, REST)
- Experience in software development and test methodologies
- Comfortable working in a fast paced Agile environment with short production deadlines.
Greater Kansas City / Lawrence, Kansas