Vice President of Engineering
About Cobalt Iron
Cobalt Iron is the global leader in SaaS-based enterprise data protection. The company was founded in 2013 to fundamentally change the way the world thinks about data protection. Through analytics and automation, Cobalt Iron enables enterprises to transform and optimize legacy backup solutions into a simple cloud-based architecture. By leveraging the cloud, Cobalt Iron reduces overall CapEx by more than 50% while eliminating backup failures and inefficiencies. Processing more than seven million jobs a month for customers in 44 countries, Cobalt Iron delivers modern enterprise data protection for enterprise customers.
Who We Are Looking For
Our ideal candidate is a proven technology leader with a history of building and developing high-performing software development teams. You will be responsible for core engineering functions of Adaptive Data Protection as well as strategic investment areas related to these products.
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week, on-site position.
- Demonstrable experience and interest in developing modern software products/solutions (e.g., REST based APIs, microservices); familiarity with relevant design principles and methodologies
- Deep understanding and commitment to software engineering principles/processes (e.g. Agile Scrum, DevOps, UX/UI) and continuous improvement through measurement
- Proven experience and strong desire to lead; servant leader with strong communication, leadership, team building, and people management skills
- Cultivates an environment where employees respect and adhere to company values and ethics
- Significant experience in budget and financial management as it relates to engineering
- Advanced relationship management and communication skills, including partnering and consulting with executive/C-level roles
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making, problem solving, and attention to detail
- Coordinate with product teams to set goals and ensure the needs in the product are met
- Champion software development best practices within the organization including but not limited to: Agile Scrum methodology, design, code re-use, performance and quality
- At least 15 years of experience in software development (SaaS, cloud, on-premises)
- Experience with analytics, big data, AI, ML
- Experience transitioning and leading Agile Scrum process and methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in computer science or a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience working with C++, Python, C#, and/or Node
Greater Kansas City / Lawrence, Kansas