ARDUOUS TAPE OPERATIONS, long restore times, lost or damaged tapes, finicky robotic tape libraries. There are many (painful) reasons to eliminate reliance on tape based backup solutions. You need a trusted advisor with the experience to deliver a pain free journey from tape to disk or cloud.
With the dropping costs of disk and new options for cloud based storage many companies are ready to simplify operational processes and accelerate their recovery options. Cobalt Iron’s Compass simplifies operations with a unified web dashboard, analytics driven automation to eliminate up to 90% of daily operational activities, and proactive problem resolution.
THE VALUE OF REPLACING TAPE-BASED BACKUP WITH COMPASS
- Bring tape-based data to life
- Reduce storage inefficiencies by over 40%
- Significantly faster backup and restore operations
- Reduce data footprint through deduplication
- Capital expense elimination
- Operating expense reduction through elimination of tape management and replication processes
- Flexible deployment to push second copy to cloud storage
- Cross-cloud replication support
- Advanced migration of Spectrum Protect tape data
- VTL ingest option to unify data protection solution
COMPASS SOLUTION TO ELIMINATE TAPE
Compass delivers an enterprise-class portfolio of data protection features for backup, restore, and archiving. The unified web dashboard, or Commander, consolidates all the processes necessary to operate, manage, and administer the solution from provisioning, scheduling, policy management, and decommissioning. Through the use of analytics and automation, Compass automates up to 90% of the daily backup operations, saving time and money.
Commander tracks more operational metrics than any other product on the market, delivering more robust insights into your data protection operation. By applying analytics to these operational metrics, Compass is able to automatically apply best practices and proactively avoid backup system problems. These features contribute to the 99+% success rates of Compass.
- Are tape management operations overburdening your staff?
- Are you confident in your ability to recover in a timely manner from tapes stored off-site?
- Is there a need to eliminate aging/failing/expensive tape libraries or VTLs?
Contact Cobalt Iron today to explore a new, modern approach to data protection that will save time and money!
By working with Cobalt Iron we now have accurate visibility into our data backup process, tape isn’t always 100%. With the Cobalt Iron solution we are able to easily validate the backup, giving us the confidence that our data will be available when and where we need it.
— Doug French, General Manager, BancLine Core Banking Solution