Effective Date: May 25, 2018
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us or you voluntarily submit through use of the Services. We may ask you to provide some of the following types of personal information in connection with your use of the Services:
*when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, download a white paper, make a purchase, apply for a job, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us, we may request your name, email address, postal address, billing address, phone number, company, title, business sector, country, email address, password, and account name. Passwords that are collected are stored in an encrypted format by an automated process.
* We also might collect information you provide about your business, including company names, company size and business type.
You can choose not to provide any personal information; however, we may not be able to provide the Services without certain information.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, your Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), access times and length, pages viewed, your IP address, your geolocation, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, gather demographic information, analyze trends, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
- Mobile-Enabled Services: If you use mobile-enabled services provided though the Services, we may receive information about your use of our Services from your mobile device while you use our Services. Certain Services may also require additional information collection, such as information to be sent when you are not logged into the Service for alerts services, and the terms of such collection will be identified when you subscribe to or sign up for such Services.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices,
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers and promotions offered by Cobalt Iron and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Cobalt Iron and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Consummating a business merger, sale, acquisition or transition where some or all of our assets (including your personal information) are sold or transferred; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
You may choose to stop receiving our marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in those emails, or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Obtained Regarding Third Parties
If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- To perform payment verifications, debt reporting or collection;
- For compliance purposes, such as immigration and customs control, security, and legal support;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Cobalt Iron or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Cobalt Iron and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
We do not sell or otherwise provide personal information to other companies for the marketing of their own products or services.
If you are a California resident, you may request that we provide to you: (i) a list of the categories of personal information about you that Cobalt Iron has disclosed to third parties during the calendar year preceding your request, (ii) the names and addresses of such third parties, and (iii) if the nature of the third parties’ business cannot reasonably be determined from their names, examples of the products or services offered, if known to Cobalt Iron, sufficient to give you a reasonable indication of the nature of the third-parties’ business. To submit your request or opt out of such information sharing, please email: email@example.com.
Chat Messages Terms and Privacy
By using the Services, you agree that Cobalt Iron may send and receive from you electronic chat messages in connection with the Services and you expressly authorize such chat messaging, including automated and pre-recorded messages, and messages delivered via automatic systems, and you agree to Cobalt Iron’s retention and storage of both sent and received messages.
By using the Services, you further acknowledge that data rates may apply and you are solely responsible for any fees incurred from your carrier from receiving and sending chat messages and using the Services.
Collection of Personally Identifying Information From or About Children
Cobalt Iron does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register an account or use the Services. If you are under 13, you are prohibited from registering or sending any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to Cobalt Iron. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Services Provided by Others
Cobalt Iron takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction; however, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third parties from intercepting information. You acknowledge that you do not assume or expect that any content or communication that you transmit to us or we transmit to you (such as personally identifiable or other data, user content including Uploaded Content, questions or answers, comments, or suggestions) is confidential. Cobalt Iron shall not be liable or responsible if any information about you is intercepted and used by an unintended recipient or otherwise disclosed in a manner you did not intend.
You may update or correct information about you or deactivate your account at any time by contacting email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
We use third party website analytic services, including Google Analytics to gather information about how you and others use our Sites, and to facilitate use of the Sites. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page and which links they clicked on. We may use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our Sites are used and the information regarding your activity on the Sites to assess content and other needs so that we may offer Services to meet such needs. To find out more about Google Analytics please visit: support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
Reviewing and Correcting and Updating your Personal Information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the EU, you have the right to receive a copy of, review and/or update your personal information and to correct any of your personal information in our records that is inaccurate. We extend this right to persons everywhere. If you would like to do so, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deletion or Restriction of Our right to Store or Process your Personal Information
Under the GDPR, you have the right to restrict processing of or request erasure of your personal information. However, this right is not absolute, and we will continue to retain and use your personal information as we determine is necessary for management of continuing contractual rights and obligations, the establishment, exercise or defense of legal rights or claims or protect our or our suppliers’/distributors’ or licensee rights, which would include our need to comply with our contractual and other legal obligations, resolve disputes or claims, and enforce our agreements.
Cobalt Iron, Inc.
Attn: Data Protection Officer
1421 Research Park Drive
Lawrence, KS 66049