About Cobalt Iron
Cobalt Iron is the global leader in SaaS-based enterprise data protection. The company was founded in 2013 to fundamentally change the way the world thinks about data protection. Through analytics and automation, Cobalt Iron enables enterprises to transform and optimize legacy backup solutions into a simple cloud-based architecture. By leveraging the cloud, Cobalt Iron reduces overall capex by more than 50 percent while eliminating backup failures and inefficiencies. Processing more than 7 million jobs a month for customers in 44 countries, Cobalt Iron delivers modern enterprise data protection for enterprise customers.
Who We Are Looking For
The Deployment Engineer is involved in all aspects of the onboarding, deployment, and ongoing solution delivery and production landscapes world-wide for Cobalt Iron Customers. Responsibilities include a full range of activities from customer management to project management to complex integration coordinating and deployment to production state management. This role requires a solid understanding of Enterprise IT operations and technology areas including systems, operating systems, networking, storage systems, applications & software, and operations/administration/engineering activities and processes combined with clear expertise in operations and/or administration.
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position. Some on call services required
- Plan and deploy Cobalt Iron solutions with customers
- Assist Customer with troubleshooting Hardware installation issues
- Identify and communicate network requirements for Compass solution
- Work with customer to identify and document data protection requirements
- Perform initial set up of Commander including: Accelerators, DPS, Storage Classes, Replication, backup policies, etc.
- Work with customer to determine requirements and set up integration services within Commander such as: LDAP, SMTP, SNMP
- Provide support during customer training
- Assist customer with troubleshooting client backup failures
- Standard office hours 08:00 – 17:00 Monday to Friday with potential to provide out of hours support of customer deployment activities on an as-needed basis.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills and experience integrating multiple software applications
- Comfortable interacting and communicating with customers in person or remotely
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to maintain a professional demeanor at all times regardless of situation
- Demonstrated heightened sense of urgency in resolving customer issues in order to constantly achieve a positive communication environment with customers
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritizing skills to ensure that productivity and quality service level established by the Company are met
- Self-motivated with ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Empathetic to customers and ability to identify and overcome areas of delay that could impede resolving issues within set deadlines and acceptable service guidelines
- Previous experience in a customer or client service related support/associate role is preferred
- B.A. in computer science (or similar) or equivalent experience
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills and experience
- Excellent conflict resolution experience and customer management through issues experience
- 5+ years of enterprise IT deployment and operations experience
- Strong knowledge of enterprise-class systems, storage, networking, applications, and backup and recovery
- Applications and programming background is desirable
- Strong knowledge of office tools such as Excel, Word, OmniPlan, OmniGraffle, Flow, etc.
- 5+ years experience using Spectrum Protect.
- 5+ years experience installing Spectrum Protect for Virtual Environments
- 5+ years experience installing Spectrum Protect for Databases
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems including all versions of Windows, RHEL, SUSE, AIX, HPUX, etc.
- Applied knowledge in common server administration tasks (installing software, navigation/command line, security, user administration, etc)
- Applied knowledge of backup techniques for common database platforms (SQL, Oracle, Hana, DB2)
- Thorough understanding of networking fundamentals such as routing, bonding, TCPIP, etc.
- Thorough understanding of security fundamentals such as encryption (data-in-transit as well as at rest), key management, SSL/TLS, 2FA, SAML, LDAP, etc.
- Understanding fundamentals of storage management (disk, tape, SAN, etc)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Customer facing experience preferred
- A “team first” mentality. Self motivated and able to be contribute without constant direction or oversight
Greater Kansas City / Lawrence, Kansas