About Cobalt Iron
Cobalt Iron is the global leader in SaaS-based enterprise data protection. The company was founded in 2013 to fundamentally change the way the world thinks about data protection. Through analytics and automation, Cobalt Iron enables enterprises to transform and optimize legacy backup solutions into a simple cloud-based architecture. By leveraging the cloud, Cobalt Iron reduces overall CapEx by more than 50% while eliminating backup failures and inefficiencies. Processing more than seven million jobs a month for customers in 44 countries, Cobalt Iron delivers modern enterprise data protection for enterprise customers.
Who We Are Looking For
The support engineer is involved in all aspects of ongoing solution delivery and production landscapes world-wide. Responsibilities include a full range of activities from customer support to complex integration and deployment to production state management. This role requires a solid understanding of Enterprise Infrastructure technologies including Networking, Linux, Microsoft, and Storage systems combined with clear technical expertise in operations and/or architecture of virtual environments.
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week, on-site position. Some on-call services required.
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 support to customers and partners
- Create tickets for all customer actions
- Document processes and solutions for use by team members, customers, and partners
- Design, build, and deliver systems to improve the product features, availability, scalability, performance, and simplicity of Cobalt Iron products
- Key focus and goal of automating response to all non-exceptional events
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning
- Conduct periodic on-call duties
- Identification of product gaps and collaboration with Engineering Team to prioritize enhancements
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills and experience integrating multiple software applications
- Comfortable interacting and communicating with customers in person or remotely
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to maintain a professional demeanor at all times regardless of situation
- Demonstrated heightened sense of urgency in resolving customer issues in order to constantly achieve a positive communication environment with customers
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritizing skills to ensure that productivity and quality service level established by the company are met
- Self-motivated with ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Empathetic to customers and ability to identify and overcome areas of delay that could impede resolving issues within set deadlines and acceptable service guidelines
- Previous experience in a customer or client service related support/associate role is preferred
- Candidate must have the foundation to quickly identify gaps in the software deployment process
- BS degree in computer science (or similar) or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of systems support experience on Red Hat Linux, AIX, and Windows operating systems
- 4+ years of experience in production support, including problem identification, root cause analysis, ticket documentation, customer and vendor relations
- Strong knowledge of backup and recovery based on enterprise-class products such as Spectrum Protect, TSM, Networker, NetBackup, BackupExec, or Commvault
- Strong experience with databases including DB2 and Oracle
- Advance knowledge of server virtualization technology in VMware and cloud infrastructure
- Strong experience with Linux/Unix scripting in bash and Python
Remote (US Based). Up to 10% Travel.